Archive for May, 2012
How To Get Certified To Install Solar Panels?
Solar panels are growing in demand which means there are more jobs opening up in this field of work. You could start out on the entry level with a solar company by installing the solar panels to roofs of homes and businesses. If this is a field of work that you would like to pursue then be ready to get certified. This is a simple process that is offered through NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners). With the proper schooling you will need take a written exam and pass it. Before taking the test you will need to fulfill the following –
2. Get handbook
3. Electronic application
It is always important to keep your certification up to date. Picking up extra school courses over the year is also important. This will keep you up to date on any changes in the law or new procedures that might be getting ready to change.
Following the below said instructions can help you become certified for installing solar panels properly:-
• Scan the requirements to make sure you are eligible for certification. You have to be 18 years old at the minimum. You can complete an apprenticeship that is formal, tend a technical accredited college, and have experience from hands on working, under a contractor that is licensed, for at least four years.
• Obtain a Handbook from NABCEP and study it carefully. You can actually get the handbook from their website and download it as a PDF document.
• Submit your application electronically on the NABCEP website. This will require you to make an account with the website that will include your username and a password. Make sure to answer all the questions and submit any documents that you are asked for. Upon reviewing your application NABCEP will contact you and let you know if you are approved.
• Paying fees will be done once you are approved and sent a form for exam scheduling. You will mail the form and fees back so you can be given a date to take the exam. If you do not pass the test then you will need to pay the fees and resubmit the paperwork. It could be as long as six months before you get to retake the exam since it is only given twice per year.
• Passing the exam will give you the certification needed for installing the solar panels. It is mandatory to get recertified after three years otherwise your certification will expire.
Obtaining qualification in this field could prove to be very handy in the time to come when the world shifts over to this form of energy as the primary source. Certification would not only guarantee employment but would also enable you to set up your own business enterprise after having gained enough work experience.