Archive for July 19th, 2012
How To Connect 2 Solar Panels To Charge?
Sometimes you will need more then one solar panel for charging your battery properly. Having two solar panels performing the task would mean there is more going in to the battery then what is being pulled out to use. This will make your complete system work much better for you to increase amperage input you should wire the panels in a scheme that consists of parallel wiring.
1. Wire strippers
It is rather easy to connect the two solar panels to a charge. With the proper tools and instructions you can have everything done in a snap.
Following the below instructions will help you connect two solar panes to a charge properly -
• Grab the wire strippers and carefully remove about three eights of an inch of the insulation. This is will be done on the wires that are coming off of the solar panels. If you look at the panels you will see that each panel has only two wires coming off them.
• Look at the battery terminal connector and find the wires coming off it. These wires will also need to have about three eights of the insulation removed from them.
• Put the wire strippers down and get the crimping tool. Use the crimper on the wires that you removed the insulation from on the solar panels. Make sure you are crimping both the red wires together from the panels and the splice that is in-line.
• Crimp the black wires together now in the same process that you just did the red wires. Take your time and make sure you are not crossing any wires and crimping the red to the black. This could cause some major problems if you connect the wires wrong.
• Grab some zip ties when you are done crimping. You are going to use the ties to help hold the wires in place. If the wires are not tied down then they could easily come undone and you would have to look at all the wires to find which ones will need fixed. If you cannot find any zip ties then you could also use cable lacing to hold the wires in place.