Archive for August 18th, 2012
How To Connect Solar Panels To Your House?
Sun is the only one source of energy in the solar system. But it is really powerful and unlimited and scientists claim that the sun will provide our planet for energy for the next 4 billion years. So we must not hesitate and use its energy that is powerful, cheap and clean. Solar energy is the only kind of energy that is friendly to the environment.
People used the solar energy from the ancient times. Our predecessors boiled water and even cooked some food using the energy of the sun rays. But later we started to use other sources of energy – wood, coal, electricity or petroleum. But now we turn our faces to using solar power again as it is safe, unlimited and really powerful. The government of many countries creates different programs that support the development of using solar energy by enterprises and individuals.
If you want to connect your house to solar energy, you need to study some instructions that will help you to do it quickly and safely. Suppose you have several solar panels fixed on your roof and you have to make them work well without any hindrances, then the following steps would help you –
1. Connect the solar panels to a charge controller. With the help of this instrument you will count the voltage you need to provide all your home appliances with the solar energy. Without the controller, you will get the solar energy by fits and starts. Thus on a hot day you can burn the wiring in your house and on a cold day your appliances won’t work at all.
2. Attach the solar panel to the power inverter. This device will turn the solar energy into the electrical one. Thus you will get your usual 120 volt that will be enough for your house appliances. Use the sick cables for that connection and try to fix the inverter not far from the inverter – about 6 feet approximately.
3. Join the batteries to the solar panel. Use sick cables for that purpose. Remember that batteries are necessary if you replace the electrical power in your house for the solar one. The batteries will help you to store the necessary amount of solar energy for providing you with the regular work of appliances even if the day will be cloudy.
After making those operations you will turn your house to using solar power. You will get the number of advantages if you do it like –
1. You will get the subsidies from the government of your state as using the solar power is supported by the state programs.
2. You will make your electrical bills much less.
3. You will use “green energy” and thus you will protect the environment.
4. You will get the affordable device – solar panel – that is cheap in usage.