Archive for September 7th, 2012
How To Get Free Used Solar Panels?
Everyone likes the word free when they are getting ready to make a major investment in their property value. There are a number of ways to get free used or solar panels or even panels that have been discounted. This is going to take some work on your end though in order to locate the panels. In the end you will be happy that you did not give up and will get to enjoy the drop in your utility bills while still using the same amount of electricity. There are five factors to keep in mind when embarking on your quest:-
1. Retailers and installers
3. Online searches in popular search engines
4. Highway department
When you want something for free or even cheap it is going to take some work. It might even take a while before you locate the panels that you are looking for. You will eventually find everything so do not give up.
Following the below instructions can help you get free used solar panels or even cheaper ones:-
• Call retailers or installers that are located in your surrounding area. Ask if there are any used solar panels on hand. The retailers get the panels when the installers are sent out to do repairs or upgrades for customers. They then place the used panels in the back of the store until someone inquires. The retailer might let you have the panels for free or charge a small fee for them.
• Advertise in publications that are about renewable energy. You could also locate forums online that you could join and ask for used solar panels. Offer to trade some labor for the panels if you have a talent that is in demand. For example if you are a carpenter by trade you can offer your skills in return for the solar panels instead of charging a fee like you would normally do
• Search online on sites like eBay where the panels are auctioned off. True you will not get them for free but you can find some really good deals on there that can save a lot of money. You can also purchase just what you can pay for now without worrying about interest payments.
• Drive to the local highway department and see if they have solar panels on hand which they no longer use. The department might have upgraded or even replaced their old panels with new ones. This is one way of getting cheaper solar panels.
• Calling retailers and searching online can be frustrating if you cannot locate what you are looking for. Remember though it is work to find used solar panels so be persistent and do not get in a rush.