How To Connect Solar Panels In A Series?
When you are looking into purchasing solar panels you will have to think how you would want them wired together. There are a couple of different ways you could do this and you might have someone ask if you would like the panels connected in a series. When connecting the panels in a series you are able to make them more powerful. A series can be used for a business or even a home. Connecting solar panels in a series depends on these five factors and they are:-
1. Laying panels
2. Copper wire
Connecting solar panels can be a hard task at hand. With the proper instructions and a lot of patience it is a task that can be tackled with ease.
Following the below instructions can help you connect solar panels in a series appropriately:-
• Position all the solar panels so they are side by side. You will need to make sure that the positive and negative terminals are all in the proper positions. When looking at the panels negative terminals will all be on the left of each panel while the positive terminals will all be on the right of each panel.
• Measure the copper wire between each panel so you cut the proper amount for soldering. If you cut a little too much it is ok you just want to make sure you do not cut the wires too short.
• Note where the negative and positive terminals are. You should have one side of negative terminals facing one side of positive terminals on each panel.
• Heat up the soldering gun and get ready to connect the panels together. Starting with the first panel on your farthest left solder one end of your copper wire to the terminal that is positive. Now take the other end and solder to the panel next to the first on the negative terminal. Repeat this process between all the panels until everything is wired together.
• Bring the device you would like to power up to the panels. You will now solder the copper wire to the positive terminal on your solar panel to the positive terminal on your device. When everything is done correctly the solar panels will capture the sunlight, turn the sunlight to electricity that will power up the device in just a matter of time.