Posts Tagged ‘solar technician’
How to Become a Solar Technician?
The solar energy is gaining popularity world wide. Governments and organizations are offering grants and financial facilities to encourage people to use solar energy. New technologies are evolving everyday to improve the way in which solar energy is harnessed and in the process lowering the cost of solar panels. This has tremendously increased the demand of solar panels and of course the expertise.
Becoming a solar technician requires minimum initial investment and the business can take off within no time. In most cases the certification process takes far lesser time than most other professions and there is a possibility of getting training fund from some organizations or even the government.
To successively achieve the expertise and become a solar panel technician follow the instructions below –
1. Search for a suitable institution to train and acquire the relevant skills. There are numerous such institutions you can find over the internet. It is also possible to get educational grants to cover for the studies. Check on the training programs being offered and the qualification required.
2. Seek to know the kind of experience required for one to be certified after taking a training course. The possibilities are that they may require proof in form of referees confirming that you have installed a number of solar panels in the recent times.
3. Identify the area you intend to offer your services. This will give an idea of what type of solar panels you are likely to install. Different areas have may require different types of solar panels. The kind of clients that are in an area also has some influence on the type of solar panels that they may require. While in some areas lighting solar panels are more popular in others water heating solar system are more preferred.
4. Develop a network of contacts especially those who are in the same industry or related ones. Those who are in the housing sector have information of home owners who may intend to install solar panels. You can also use their services to provide your clients with additional services like wiring and repair of electrical appliances. The various organizations dedicated to solar energy may also provide information on the current technologies.
5. Market your services through all the available channels such as the internet and let as many people know what you are offering. You can attend trade fairs and exhibition and develop a rapport with supplies and clients alike.
6. Update your qualifications by attending regular trainings and seminars to keep at par with the latest news in the industry.
7. Draw up a business plan outlining your business objectives and mission – it may come in handy especially if you need funding from financial institutions. It should also outline plans of expansion in future.